Monday 31 October 2011

"Leaving Home for A Better Farra"

"Leaving Home for A Better Farra"

Hello everyone!^^

Everybody undoubtedly has its own story of life, whether good or bad, they are supposed to be meaningful to them. I would like to share the unforgettable story of mine.

It was April 4th, 2008 11.45pm a time when I leaved Jakarta to South Korea .

I am not a diligent student who would rather to study at home and do huge pile of homework than hang out with friends. I love spending time with my family (most of the time) and friends. However, I should be so thankful to My Allah Almighty for all of these.

Almost everyone dreams of one day “having it all.” By applying a simple value in order to reap lifelong rewards and so do I!

I was a student at UNDIP (Diponegoro University of Indonesia at Semarang) and I took communication as a field of study. I had been studying there for almost 2 years. At the end of my 2nd year, I wanted to move from my current university to university in Jakarta because my family lives in Jakarta. They told me that after I finish my bachelor, better for me to take master in National University of Singapore or Australia. All night long I was hard-thinking to innovate and re-create my life strategy. "Why do I need to wait until graduation? How about now? So I started to make a study plan and seek available scholarship. I gave my resume to Singapore, UK and Korea Embassy. Among these three countries Korea was the first party that announced I am eligible to continue studying there (NIIED's program). Actually, it was kind of random and sudden decision I have ever made in my life( to study abroad without knowing the language) yet the most righteous decision I have ever made.

April 2008, first time I saw with my own naked eyes Han river and 63 (re : yuksam) building - been the highest building in South Korea- and HERE I AAAAMMM a Kyungpook National University 's business student!

Since then My life has been changed!

I came to Korea in such a very young age 17th *It was like 4 years ago :_(  * I grew up in Korea environment (SNSD, KARA and T-ara seeing them forces me to DIET!!zzzz..) which is not an easy thing to do. I learned how to manage my schedule,money and time without my family here *cry* (still working on it hehe)  but I never regret this! I love my life and hope you do also :)


However these are things I have learned  during my studying in Korea:

1.THE ONLY PERSON YOU HAVE TO TRUST IS YOURSELF
 It does not mean I do not believe my friend but it means I am the one who control my self. I do not want to be a car without breaks.  I always remember to always listen to the little voice in my heart and to react to the pull in the pit of my stomach. Don’t lose yourself in your exuberance, guys ;)

2.CULTURE
This is also one of strategy to gain a competitive advantage in job market. While people are busy to learn english, I am here busy to learn Korean and its culture. Korean company has been a big thing in the world's eyes starting from the Hallyu wave, k-pop and well developed companies such as (Samsung, LG, and Hyundai).

3.LEARN HOW TO TALK TO STRANGERS
Speak any language I can think of, to whoever will listen. The only way you will successfully learn a language is if you use it in your everyday life. The accent doesn’t have to be perfect, the tenses don’t even have to be correct, all I have to do is try. FYI Its hard to use 3 languages at once , I sometimes mixed them up (bahasa-english-korean) *grin*

4.RESPECT
You may find yourself in a country and/or culture that is completely different from your own. Studying abroad is designed to expand the horizons of the student and as such the student must embrace, and most of all respect. I learn how to respect others, for example; the way korean shake-hands, bowing, "kkkk" <-- (re: laughing)  and ㅇㅋ (re: OK! )

5.RESPONSIBILITY 
Every kid who packs up and leaves home must take on a whole new set of responsibilities. For the international student, this means more than just remembering to set the alarm for early morning classes.I must be aware and responsible for health insurance, international bank accounts and phone bills yet your new boyfriend! :p  You are responsible for your well-being at all times!  

6.NEW FRIENDS!
It seems that the older I am, the harder to make new friends. Living and studying abroad, however, forces me to meet new people and subsequently, make new friends! Now, I have a lot of friends from many countries :) It pushes me to learn their culture and tolerate diversity.

I love all my friends! You are one among my facebook's friend list! so Me love you a lot!



The last but not least,

"you can always choose to laugh and to find the bright side of any situation so never give up on life do your best and believe the power of nature! Always be positive !!
Cheer up 친구들! 사랑해 ♥
:)


Best!


Farra Maysara

No comments:

Post a Comment